10th May – RPS INTRODUCTION TO LIGHT PAINTING with CLAIRE HARPER
If you’ve ever wanted to explore long exposure and how to create amazing light painting shots then you’ll love this! Spend the day learning theory, techniques, tips and shooting 2 x light painting setups.
Is this for me?
If you’ve ever wanted to explore long exposure and how to create amazing light painting shots then you’ll love this!
Spend the day learning theory, techniques, tips and shooting 2 x light painting setups.
Why will this make me a better photographer?
We will be covering all aspects of basic light painting from setting up your camera, focusing in the dark, equipment and basic kit, spinning the perfect orb, different light painting techniques and effects to create unique images including light painted portraits.
This workshop will be practical based and all participants will get ample opportunity to create their own unique images throughout the day. All participants will receive the notes to the course on paper and pdf to a e-mail address of choice on the day, including links to all my previous light painting blogs.
Key Learning points:
– Setting up and camera settings
– Focusing your camera in the dark
– Basic equipment, what you can use including items commonly found around the house or easily sourced.
– Different effects you can create from different equipment
– Spinning different styles of orbs
– Planning your pictures
– Light drawing and writing
– Special effects and how to create them yourselves
– Using multiple light painting tools
– Using models and light painting portraits (including light painting for wedding photography).
– Create your own unique light painting pictures
– Advance techniques including light stencilling
Delegates should bring:
DSLR or mirrorless camera with bulb mode, tripod, shutter release, spare batteries or charger.
Amersham Studios is the UK’s foremost photography training center and working studio. We’ve created a warm friendly environment where no question is a stupid question and all makes and models of cameras are welcome. You’ll get to play with the latest gear, spend time with our experts and leave a better photographer.
We limit the number of attendee to small numbers to ensure we deliver a world class experience.
As with all Amersham Studios courses will be providing:
– FREE transport to and from Amersham Station.
– Kick ass coffee, refreshments and cucumber water.
– A scrumptious buffet lunch (We’ll ask about any dietary requirements by email a week before the workshop)
Our Experts Credentials:
Claire Harper is our Light Painting expert, she’s speaking at this years photography show and blogs on the subject.
Not quite what you are after?
We now offer a number of bespoke workshops we’ve developed and deliver for the The Royal Photographic Society and will be adding more shortly.
Sign up here and we will send you details.