29th + 30th Apr – CREATIVE MINIATURE PHOTOGRAPHY with FELIX HERNANDEZ
Felix Hernandez is the World’s No. 1 Creative Miniature Photographer and we’re flying him in from Mexico for another UK exclusive…
Out of stock
Join Felix in an epic two day workshop where he will share his trade secrets with you from concept to creation to editing and the final image.
This Trade Secrets Live workshop will be help at our bespoke studio we’ve made 40 minutes from central London that is core to what we do as educational architects (check FAQ for details of location, transport, etc). The space is perfect for live classes, designed with online learning in mind.
Is this for me?
This is a unique opportunity to learn the secrets of the World’s Top creative miniature photographers and is ideal if you want to gain valuable insight and skills into highly specialized field of photography.
You will need to bring a camera and a have basic understanding of how to use it. Any Digital Camera and lens between 50mm and 105mm – No need of Macro lenses.
You will need a Laptop with Photoshop CS6, 0r CC and Nik Software installed (Nik is a free software)
You will have the opportunity to shoot and put you new found skills into practice.
Why will this make me a better photographer?
You’ll learn an amazing range of skills as follows:
– Intro to toy or scale photography
– Working with scaled objects giving the sense of real scale.
Concept/ Story Telling.
– Creative Idea/ Creating a movie poster or banner.
– Sketch/ composition/ lighting/ mood.
– Scaled model/ knowing its advantages and limits.
– Details, Tips and tricks.
– The importance of posing a figure/ Body language.
– Materials for creating our scene.
– Materials for creating effects on camera.
– Studio gear.
– Setting the work space for our scene.
– Posing our model and weathering it.
– Building true scene.
Studio light / (Studio flashes)
– Intro to studio lights/ studio flashes.
– Intro to hard light and soft light.
– Choosing the light for our scene .
– Introduction to manual focus stacking.
– (Quick review)
– Lens selection, focal lengths and f-stop.
– Lighting test and final corrections.
Shooting the scene.
– On camera effects/ smoke I fog, snow storm, water droplets.
– Final shooting/ multiple exposures.
Images Selection and Raw process.
– Images selection in Adobe Bridge.
– File process in Photoshop camera Raw.
– Creating our composite in Photoshop, combining our images and adding a background.
– Digital effects, adding light effects, smoke and flares
– Color grading using Nik software (Free software)
Trade Secrets Live is the UK’s foremost photography training center and working studio. We’ve created a warm friendly environment where no question is a stupid question and all makes and models of cameras are welcome. You’ll get to play with the latest gear, spend time with our experts and leave a better photographer.
We limit the number of attendee to small numbers to ensure we deliver a world class experience.
As with all Trade Secrets Live courses will be providing:
– FREE transport to and from Amersham Station.
– Kick ass coffee, refreshments and cucumber water.
– A scrumptious buffet lunch (We’ll ask about any dietary requirements by email a week before the workshop)
Our Experts Credentials:
Felix Hernandez is a commercial photographer, designer and digital artist born in Mexico City but currently living in Cancun, Q.Roo. He produces creative concepts and images for clients of his own creative firm as for other advertising agencies and clients from all around the world.
Felix writes articles by demand for different photography magazines like: Retouched Magazine, DOCMA, Digital Camera, Digital SLR Photography, Digital Photo and Good Light Magazine among others and his work has been
published in web sites like: Fstoppers, Petapixel, SOOpx, DIV Photography, Retouching Academy, Canon, Adobe Photoshop, Audi Deutschland, Daily Mail, El Pais and Bored Panda, etc.
In recent years his work with scale models has become viral and has been shared and published globally. Working in his studio and in location, he mixes on camera effects and digital art to accomplish realistic images and
bring his scale models to life. This has brought him during this year various invitations to impart conferences and workshops in places like Cali, Copenhagen, New York and several cities around Mexico.
Want to come but can’t make it?
We feel your pain, so have invested in a brand new bespoke live video broadcast and recording system.
Sign up here and we will send you details.