11th NOV – LEARN HOW TO LEAVE REALITY BEHIND with QUALITY PIXELS
Join multi award winning photographer Marcin Ciesielski for this fabulous conceptual fine art photography workshop which will show you all the steps in creating your very own masterpiece.
2 in stock
Join mutli award winning photographer Marcin Ciesielski of Quality Pixels for this fabulous conceptual fine art photography workshop which will show you all the steps in creating your very own masterpiece.
Is this for me?
This is a unique opportunity to learn the secrets of a mutli award winning photographer and is ideal if you want to gain valuable insight and skills into conceptual fine art photography.
You will need a working knowledge of your DSLR or Mirrorless Camera in manual settings. (Please note that it is not possible to instruct all participants on the use of their camera. However, we will try to assist you wherever we can)
You will also need an intermediate knowledge of Photoshop including an understanding of layers and layer masks, brushes and especially cutting objects out.
You will need to bring:
– A laptop running Photoshop no earlier than CS6 (If you don’t have that you can download a FREE trail version here)
– A graphics tablet (I will be working on Wacom).
– Your camera working in the complete manual mode. The standard hot-shoe connector is required to attach wireless light trigger. Please note that e.g. Sony cameras may require an additional adapter.
– Spare batteries and spare memory cards.
– Full Frame equivalent of 50mm lens or respective zoom lens. However, if you have more lenses, by all means, please bring them too. We always tend to chose the lens working best with a particular image.
– We will show you how to use additional software such as Topaz ReMask plugin to support cutting objects and 3D LUT creator to work with colours. We believe they are useful but not necessary (so don’t worry if you don’t have it).
– A choice of digital backgrounds
– A bundle of useful actions and correction layers
Why will this make me a better photographer?
This workshop will be heavily focused on post-production, but it will take you through all the steps of creating excellent and believable composite images.
9:00 am – Morning coffee (getting to know each other)
9:30 am – Introduction to workshop day
10:00 am – Good composites and most typical mistakes (we will cover various issues such as light/shadows, perspective, colour/hue/saturation, quality/resolution, focus/lens/distortion
11:00 am – Analysis of a chosen pre-prepared background and composite ideas
11:30 pm –Shooting a model (discussion about styling, light settings, angles, lenses, etc.)
13:00 am – Lunch (included)
14:00 am – Post-processing work (we will give you tips on basic retouch and cutting a model, blending model with the background, colour grading, final touches)
17:00 pm – End of Workshop- Business tips and insight
– Participants will receive a Model release that will permit to use the images they take during the workshops for their website or printed portfolio and to help to promote their photography. Please note that participants are not allowed to sell or commercialise the images any other way.
– For the comfort of the models, other people involved and copyrights issues filming, and backstage photography is allowed strictly for private use. Please note that any publication including your own blogs, websites or social media is allowed only after instructor’s approval.
Trade Secrets Live is the UK’s foremost photography training center and working studio. We’ve created a warm friendly environment where no question is a stupid question and all makes and models of cameras are welcome. You’ll get to play with the latest gear, spend time with our experts and leave a better photographer.
We limit the number of attendee to small numbers to ensure we deliver a world class experience.
As with all Trade Secrets Live courses will be providing:
– FREE transport to and from Amersham Station.
– Kick ass coffee, refreshments and cucumber water.
– A scrumptious buffet lunch (We’ll ask about any dietary requirements by email a week before the workshop)
Our Experts Credentials:
Marcin Ciesielski of Quality Pixels is an internationally awarded photographer (multiple gold medal winner at Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris and Trierenberg Super Circuit, to mention just a few). Specialising in fantasy and surreal images Marcin will teach you how to depict unthinkable, impossible and magical and let your creativity run free.”Mastering the model shoot”.
– Best Experimental Award, 9th International Salon of Art Photography “With Love to Women” 2014 (India)
– Salon medal and Award Certificate, 102nd Southampton International Exhibition 2015 (England)
– Salon Bronze medal and Honourable Mention, 3rd Digifocus International Digital Salon 2015 (India)
– Two Gold medals, Exhibition of Photography “Portrait 2015” (Serbia)
– Gold medal, DPW WMC Circuit 2015 (Serbia)
– PSA Gold medal, Avon Valley Photographic Salon 2015 (England)
– Two Gold and one Silver medal, and two Honourable Mentions, 1st Circular Exhibition of Photography 2015 – (Serbia)
– Two Gold medals and Best of The Show Award, 24th Trierenberg Super Circuit 2015 (Austria)
– Best Surrealistic Photo Award, Royal Bengal Art 2015 (India)
– FIAP Gold medal, Honourable Mention and Judges Choice Award, Indian Photo Art International Circuit 2015 (India)
– SCPS Gold medal, 23rd SCPS International Salon 2015 (Singapore)
– PSA Gold medal, Vibrance Circuit 2015 (India)
– Gold medal and Best Picture Award, 2nd Digital Composing Contest (Austria)
– PSA Gold medal, DPW SER MNE BIH Circuit 2015 (Montenegro)
– Gold medal and Highly Commended Ribbon, 41st Smethwick International Exhibition 2015 (England)
– FIAP Gold medal and Salon Gold medal, 2nd Purbachal International Digital Salon 2015 (India)
– Gold medal and two Honourable Mentions in Category Advertising, Gold and Silver medals and four Honourable Mentions in Category Fine-Art, PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2015 (France)
– FIAP Gold and Bronze medals and salon award medal, Light Summit 2016 (Hungary)
– RPS Gold medal, and Salon medal, 103rd Southampton International Exhibition 2016 (England)
– FIAP Gold medal, 5th Port Talbot International Salon 2016 (Wales)
– Gold medal, NSAPK Circuit 2016 (Serbia)
– FIAP Gold medal, 3rd BOS International Salon of Projected Imgages 2016 (India)
– FIAP Gold and DPA Gold medals, MNE PBK CIRCUIT 2016 (Montenegro)
– Gold medal, OAFF Photo Award 2016 (Czech Republic)
– FIAP Gold medal, Salon Gold and Bronze medals, 25th Trierenberg Super Circuit 2016 (Austria)
– Bronze medal, Pictura International Salon of Photography 2016 (India)
Want to come but can’t make it?
We feel your pain, so have invested in a brand new bespoke live video broadcast and recording system and will be recording various events throughout the year. Sign up here and we will send you details.