13th July – RPS: A BEGINNERS GUIDE to PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY
Amersham Studios is proud to have developed this fascinating workshop on product photography for the Royal Photographic Society.
Is this for me?
This workshop is ideal if you want to explore product or still life photography in any form, learn some lighting techniques you can do at home and learn how to think like a product photographer.
You will need to bring a camera, a note pad, pen and an open mind.
You will have the opportunity to shoot and put you new found skills into practice.
Why will this make me a better photographer?
This is a full days workshop that consists of a morning in the studio looking at the practicalities, skills and knowledge needed to be a product photographer . Alongside this there will be an afternoon shooting with various light sources and light setups in the studio.
Key Learning points:
– The role of a product photographer,
– The critical role of end to end thinking,
– Managing clients and how to refining what you are trying to communicate
– Look at several go to lighting setups which your clients will love,
– How to get consistent results and think like a product photographer,
– How to do simple post production to give you images a polished feel,
– How to embed keywords in to your images to improve your online visibility and SEO,
– How to size images optimally for online and social media.
There will be several hours here you will be able to shoot various lighting setups and even bring your own products to shoot.
Amersham Studios is the UK’s foremost photography training center and working studio. We’ve created a warm friendly environment where no question is a stupid question and all makes and models of cameras are welcome. You’ll get to play with the latest gear, spend time with our experts and leave a better photographer.
We limit the number of attendee to small numbers to ensure we deliver a world class experience.
As with all Amersham Studios courses will be providing:
– FREE transport to and from Amersham Station.
– Kick ass coffee, refreshments and cucumber water.
– A scrumptious buffet lunch (We’ll ask about any dietary requirements by email a week before the workshop)
Our Experts Credentials:
Simon Ellingworth was a finalist in the ‘International iPhone Photography Awards‘, ‘Mobile Photography Awards‘ & ‘Professional Photographer of the Year‘, previously runner up in ‘Professional Photographer of the Year‘ and ‘Sony World Photography Awards‘. Simon’s tutorials have been published by a number of blogs including Lifehacker, DIY Photography.net, Life in Lofi, SLR Lounge, etc he is also Editor of International Photography Magazine: InMyBag.
Not quite what you are after?
We now offer a number of bespoke workshops we’ve developed and deliver for the The Royal Photographic Society and will be addingmore shortly.
Sign up here and we will send you details.